Monday, March 19, 2012

GLEN ROSE, TX



As part of my day tour of west Texas in search for a cool landscape pictures (no success on that front), I visited Glen Rose, TX.

Glen Rose is probably best known for its dinosaur related attractions - including dinosaur tracks. I can't testify to the tracks since it had rained heavily and the tracks couldn't be seen since the river was too high.

However, I still visited the site and just walking their hiking trails and enjoying the sight of the moving river was enough. It was so peaceful, and I just sat there for a while soaking up the sun and being glad I could escape the city for a little while.


These are the only two dinosaurs from the tracks park. The rest are from Dinosaur World including all the gift shop items.







I was pleasantly surprised to see a bunch of cacti all over the place. I'm a big fan of cactus fruit, so those people are lucky.











This is where the tracks are supposed to be, but as you can see that river had other priorities than showing us the tracks.