Tuesday, June 14, 2011

"Teenager" and "Temblando"

Every so often, I hear a new song I just can't stop thinking about. Between this week and last, I heard two songs I think deserve their own post.

"Teenager" by The Thrills was a song which thankfully popped up on my Grooveshark playlist and has been added to my music.

"Teenager" by The Thrills

You remember being beautiful.
Regrets, regrets, regrets.
Did you take those fleeting glances for granted, for granted, for granted?
You rolled your eyes, teeny style
You said "I don't care for the past.
If I could go back, a teenager again.
If I could go back, i'd trip over again.
But where would I fall? la la la la
And who would break my fall? la la la la"
And you laughed at the whole world
The beautiful and loved and loved.
What has fate in store for you?
We're still waiting, waiting and waiting.
You rolled your eyes, teeny style.
You said "I dont care for the past.
If I could go back, a teenager again.
If I i could go back, i'd trip over again.
But where would I faaaall? la la la la
And who would break my fall? la la la la"
I remember you being beautiful.
That's all, that's all, that's all.

Here's the video





And the next is for anyone who understands or reads Spanish - or anyone who would dare waste time translating ;).

It's "Temblando" by Hombres G -- who my dad likes and told me about them when I was little, but somehow it never sank in, till now. And what a shame because this song is really good.

"Temblando" by Hombres G

Temblando con los ojos cerrados
El cielo esta nublado y a lo lejos tu
Hablando de lo que te ha pasado
Intentando ordenar palabras para no hacerme
Tanto dao, tanto dao y yo
Estoy temblando

De la mano y con mucho cuidado
Os besaistes en silencio donde no habia luz
Y me hace gracia tu manera de contarlo
Como el que cuenta que pensado que ha decidio
Que seguimos siendo amigos
Y yo estoy temblando
Y llorando
Me habia jurado que nunca iba a llorar
Escuchando cada palabra que no quiero escuchar
Desgarrandome suplicandote
Intentando hacerte recordar
Pero tu solo dices
Voy a colgar


BTW this video is quite funny because it shows some of the band memebers dancing really fast, yet the music stays pretty mellow. It's not good to watch it when you're trying to concentrate on the song.