Monday, May 9, 2011

Lighthouse



Here's my last official assignment for my basic illustration class. It was actually two lighthouses, but the second one was not nearly as good.

I never thought color pencils could be kind of effective. I am glad I was pushed to work with them, otherwise I would have no idea of what they could do. And since I'm tired of working with dry materials I'm thinking about watercolor classes or maybe just messing around at home. Either way, I'm ready to mess things up.

I have to admit it makes me really sad the class is over. Of course, I've already found the classes I'll be taking next, but it's so hard to let go of what I had. Besides, my teacher was amazing, and unfortunately, he lives three hours away so taking another class by him is highly unlikely.

I'm also sad I'll be taking the summer off, but I kind of need it. I have plenty of self-improvement projects in the works, so I'll be busy anyway.

We'll see what the next drawing brings.