Thursday, April 14, 2011

Popular Mechanics for Lovers



Although roses are in fact popular mechanics for lovers, my title actually refers to the awesome song "Popular Mechanics for Lovers" by Beulah. The lyrics and video of which can be found at the end of this blog.

The music is so contagiously happy (even if the lyrics are a tad bit more complicated) and upbeat, I can't help dancing to it. But overall, the more I listen to the lyrics the more I fall in love with it.

Anyway, these roses are beautifully adorning our backyard. They are blooming all over the place. And I had to take pics of them.



This is the only yellow rose that has bloomed so far. The pic above was taken right before heading out the door. When I was back, an hour and a half later, it had fully bloomed as shown below.

I wish I would've seen it. I like it when the Discovery channel fast forwards through the roses blooming. It's so pretty.



Who doesn't love dandelions?



"Popular Mechanics for Lovers" by Beulah.



I know he knocks you off your feet.
You're so bitter, you think he's sweet.
Well, he's wrong for you, I swear.

Did you forget to read the script?
There was never a role for him.
It was always you and me. Just me.

Popular Mechanics for Broken Hearts could help me now.

I know you never felt romance,
and we always lacked suspense.
But I can edit those parts out.

I never made you feel complete.
I'm a fault line beneath your feet.
I would never bring you down, so down.

Popular Mechanics for Broken Hearts could help me now.

Just because he loves you too,
he wouldn't ever take a bullet for you.
Don't believe a word he says.
He wouldn't ever cut his heart out for you.

I heard he wrote you a song, but so what?
Some guy wrote sixty-nine, and one just ain't enough.
And there's no sense even trying.
I know, cause I've been
trying all the time to find the song that would make you mine.
But all I ever find, my love, are cliches that don't rhyme.

Popular Mechanics for Broken Hearts could help me now.

Just because he loves you too,
he wouldn't ever take a bullet for you.
Don't believe a word he says.
He wouldn't ever cut his heart out for you.