Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Velvet Skirt



Although I'm not actually ready for cold weather, I am starting to enjoy dressing for cooler temperatures. This velvet skirt was just the item to get me excited about the cooler breeze.

Velvet is not typically my choice of fabric, but I love the richness of the color. I was very lucky to find this skirt in my size, but I do wish it was longer as it will be challenging to find shoes for it.



This past weekend I went to a couple of antique, vintage, and thrift stores. (I like to visit them all in the same day.) And I was extremely lucky to find this Whiting & Davis Co. cuff.

Whiting & Davis are famous for the mesh bags and snake bracelets, but they expanded their jewelry line. The moment I picked this piece, I had to have it.




These are beautifully blooming in our backyard.

Wearing: Max Studio velvet skirt, Gap silk shirt, F21 hat, Whiting & Davis Cuff.