Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Kissez



“ You need kissing, badly. That’s what’s wrong with you. You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how. "
— Rhett Butler





When I first heard the idea behind this Kissez, I was a little indifferent. I figured looking at couples kissing was romantic, but not enough to draw me to see it every day. But I was wrong.

Some of the images are more common than others, and some are so special you can't help but stare. However, I think my personal attraction lies on my internal liking for plain making out. The kind that leads you to just enjoy the moment without worrying to where it's going to lead. But the destination is part of the trick. Making out is much more intimate but has its sparks with the promise of what's to come or not, no one's in a rush.

As Roger Ebert says:

"[Making out] Hell, it was never necessary to begin with. It was fun, most especially between two people who enjoyed playing together. I believe that many of us have a strong, if not fully articulated, desire for extended periods of making out. No, I am not referring to "foreplay." Making out need not be "fore" anything. It is its own reward. Some of the truest words I've ever written are:

It is more erotic to wonder if you're about to be kissed than it is to be kissed."

And I completely agree with that. Making out is much more than just rolling around a bed counting the minutes till both bodies are naked and ready to go. Making out is where intimacy was born.