Thursday, September 24, 2009

The September Issue



Since I've been sick, I haven't posted much, but it's been so long I decided to do a quick review of the September Issue which I miracously watched before my head decided to crap out.

I happened to go on my bday (9/19) and I have to say if there was ever the desire in me to work for a magazine, specially Vogue, now it's even greater. It was obvious that the documentary was aimed at bringing Anna Wintour and Grace Coddington's relationship to the air, but I really could care less. I only paid attention to the beautiful photoshoots Grace put together. It's only so sad to see that Anna almost disregards the talent. Of course, she does praise Grace's talent at the end of the movie, but we can see that she almost doesn't care either way. She runs the magazine and that's it. She makes the shots.

Now more than ever I wish I had that life, even as a writer which is what I think I could be better at. But to work there and live in that sea of clothes and shoes... I really liked the documentary. Only I am sad to realize just how much harder it is to break into the industry. Dang, there goes the dream....