Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Music to Feel






There is a part of my brain that is always inclined to follow the spontaneous ways of the heart. It is quite often when I make decisions based solely from the snaps of excitment only felt when doing something truly desired by the heart. Highly unrelated to this process is how my heart remembers those times when I've done something I can always rejoice in when I listen to certain songs. There are other songs that bring other types of memories, but regardless of whether they were good or bad memories, songs - or music - can always transform me to a different state of being. And for the last week, I've been listening to the CDs that are just full of these songs that as soon as the melody reaches my ears, I am completely in a different place. The lyrics refer to feelings I've felt or things I wished I felt. Things I wish I had been told, a better explanation of my life at a particular crisis, feelings I've been blamed upon, or simply the question of why life goes the way it goes. Why is it impossible to ask oneself, what if? I wonder too much on what ifs, but I've tried to do as many things as possible to avoid having to answer the pertinent what if? someday. So as to honor the songs that have captured all my attention in the past two weeks, here's a list and pics of the ones that made the cut.

In no particular order:

1. Boston by Augustana
2. Home by Michael Buble
3. Songs about Rain by Gary Allan
4. Best I ever had by Gary Allan
5. Wonderwall by Oasis
6. Stars and Boulevards by Augustana
7. Lincoln Avenue by Train
8. Better Man by James Morrison
9. Sunday Morning by Maroon 5
10. Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word by Elton John
11. She's Got a Way About Her by Billy Joel
12. Diary of Jane by Breaking Benjamin
13. Brighter than Sunshine by Aqualung
14. The Scientist by Coldplay
15. The Brillian Dance by Dashboard Confessional
16. Just Friends by Gavin Degraw
17. Who Knew? by Pink
18. Over my Head by The Fray
19. Broken by Seether
20. No by Shakira

**Pictures not necessarily associated with the Album pictured**