Friday, April 3, 2009

Lost in Translation

It truly is a shame that it took me so long to really see fashion beyond dresses and shoes. I used to be a follower of the crowd, but never understood the creativity and innovation behind the revolving world of fashion. It has only been in the past couple of years that I can look at an item and appraise it not only according to the present, but what it could have been in the past and what it could be in the future.
When I was browsing the LizClaiborne website, I came across a couple of handbags that produced nothing but nostalgia. A reaction I'd like to fully blame Isaac Mizrahi for. The casual madras plaid bags, below, hold an acute resemblance(fabric wise)to a sleeveless blouse my mother handed down to me years ago. Although, I kept the blouse for a long time, I gave it up thinking it was done and over with - until now. I really wish I still had it, and coincidentally enough, I have the perfect LizClaiborne belt for it. Maybe I should snap my fingers and work my magic.